Tuesday, May 15, 2012

MEET JADE...


Jade Elizabeth Atwine…




Jade Elizabeth means: A jewel consecrated to our bountiful God; God of plenty.  She is a beautiful little girl and Nicolette and I have the privilege of becoming part of her world.  She was born on June 29, 2010 so she is only 2 years younger than Nicolette.  We look forward to learning through life with her and meeting her soon!

Glenda Stutzman, Watotos Sponsorship Coordinator, shard that Jade was abandoned shortly after birth in a hospital in Mbarara in Western Uganda.  When authorities failed to trace Jade’s parents, they requested Watoto Child Care Ministries to take her into their care.  Loving staff and volunteers at the Baby Watoto Home took little Jade under their wings and tended her malnourished little body.  With proper attention, Jade soon got back to good health and she is enjoying playing with toys and other children.

In March 2012, Jade graduated to a Watoto Home in a Watoto Village, where a devoted housemother and Watoto brothers and sisters made her feel welcome.  Jade’s housemother showers her with love and care.  :O)

On Sundays, Mama takes Jade to the Watoto Church, where the whole family receives spiritual nourishment.  When she is old enough, Jade will attend the Watoto School. 

Deeeep inhale...hold it....hold it...then looong exhale....and an uber biiiiiiiig smile :O)  She is a breathe of fresh air!!

Going through life: growing personally, working full time, being a mom full time, and starting a business has its challenges.  It is so hard to be patient…I know what I desire in certain areas of my life, for Nicolette, and for our future, but I know that God has his creative ways of doing things.  He cultivates desires (sometimes seemingly random) in our hearts at different times for certain reasons.  Since I have no idea what the future holds for Nicolette and I, I am choosing to live in the moment and soak up all the good that God has put in our lives right now.  I’m uber excited to see what is in store for Nicolette, Jade & I :O)  To do what I can, with what I have, right where I am at to bless others in our little sphere of influence and also now to bless others around the globe that have yet to meet… A Step in the Right Direction…

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11

For information on sponsoring a child through Watoto, please contact:

Glenda Stutzman
Sponsorship Coordinator
Watoto USA
PO BOX 1320 
Lutz, Florida 33548
Phone: 813.948.4343

For information regarding Watoto and/or to visit, please contact:

David Wildes
Visit Watoto and Church Relations
Watoto USA
PO BOX 1320
Lutz, Florida 33548
Phone: 813.948.4346


 

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe that she was born a month after Chris and I were there helping build at Suubi Village for the Baby Watoto facilities that housed her a year later :) That's SO amazing!!! THANK YOU for sponsoring Jade and inspiring others to do what they can with what they've got, where they're at...that is the definition of excellence! YOU are amazing mommy sauce!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet :O) Thank you Ange!!!

    ReplyDelete